Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Last Shift/Last Flight

I worked my last shift at CareFlite yesterday.



I really enjoyed this job and the people I worked with.  Having the job of flying sick patients home to recover or to a hospital where they can get specialized treatment gave me a feeling of accomplishment.  The sense that I was flying to support something meaningful purpose.

Most of the time, the job is boring as can be.  Sitting around waiting for flights that usually didn't happen, working out at the gym if I felt motivated, watching TV if I wasn't.  Many weeks, the highlight was washing the airplane on Saturday morning.


The company has been very considerate of my situation.  I have been working a part time schedule over the past three months, but they need someone who can work full time.  We are also loosing our babysitter who has been watching the kids overnight when I was at work.

My last month on the job, I flew several trips.  My last flight was transporting a stroke victim home to Lubbock.


I hope to return to this kind of work someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment