Sunday, December 10, 2017

Childcare

Last week, our Nanny who had helped us watch the kids for the past two years finished her grad school and moved out of town.  The kids absolutely loved her, she was always willing to work whenever she was needed, she helped out around the house, and provided some much needed stability after Sarah died.

Allie told me back in September that she would be moving on at the end of November, and that was a factor in my decision to resign from my job at Careflite.  I remarked that I have to replace her, but she is in fact irreplaceable.  Is it strange that I'm mourning the loss of our babysitter almost as much as my wife?

After several weeks, and interviewing half a dozen potential caregivers, we finally found a young woman who was willing to take on the challenge of our big crazy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment