Sunday, March 11, 2018

New house, New home.

I'm officially a homeowner again.  

We have been renting a nice 4 bedroom house in north Fort Worth for the past two years.  It met our needs and we have made a lot of friends in our neighborhood.  There are twenty kids on our end of the street and our kids can ride their bikes to school.  The house needed some work, but nothing I wouldn't be able to handle.

I decided early on that I would not be moving anywhere until the end of the school year.  The two options for where to live were to stay put in Texas or to move to Wichita KS near my parents.  After only a few months I decided that if I was able to handle the demands of my family here in Ft Worth then I didn't want to relocate to Kansas.  

I made the landlord an generous offer but he decided that he didn't wish to sell the house.  So I started looking at homes in our neighborhood.  I finally found one that will meet our needs but was still within our budget. We negotiated back and forth for a week, but finally settled on a price.  The house is in the same neighborhood and directly across the street from the elementary school.  It's close enough to Laura's best friend that they will be able to ride their bikes to each others house.




Now, I have to start working through my repair list.  I had to order some new furniture and make plans for which items we will keep, and what will be discarded.  We also have to move all of our belongings before our summer road trip.  I'll be moving things one room at a time over the next few months.  We will be out of our old home before the end of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment