Friday, March 2, 2018

Making new memories

Tonight, I'm posting from our new trailer.  I bought it six weeks ago, but we were waiting until the warmer weather set in to give it a test run.



I wanted to find a way to travel with all the kids in relative comfort without breaking the bank.  I had always been interested in camping while enjoying the comfort of air conditioning and avoiding the hassle of setting up and breaking camp every day.  I never slept well when tent camping, and generally had a miserable experience.  I had plenty of experience camping in the Boy Scouts even backpacking through the mountains of New Mexico several times.  So I can camp out under the most primitive conditions, but I would much rather enjoy air conditioning with a refrigerator full of cold drinks.



This summer, we are planning a month long road trip to Florida.  With this trailer, we can travel without paying through the nose for hotels, or have to fight through airports.  We will be traveling to Key West, and spending a few days at Disney World.  I am looking forward to scuba diving with Clint and Laura, visiting Cape Canaveral, the Everglades, and many other spots.

I told myself last year that we would not stop enjoying the wonderful blessings that God has given us.  Things may be more difficult handling 5 kids by myself but I'm not going to deny my kids the opportunity to see the USA.  Sarah wouldn't have wanted me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment