Sunday, April 8, 2018

Snowbell

I have to put Snowbell to sleep.  She bit my daughter's BFF in the face last night, the poor little girl had to have a plastic surgeon fix her face so it wouldn't scar.  

Snowbell had been acting aggressive toward strange kids, but never threatened anyone she knew.  She was fine around adults or older kids, and was never aggressive toward other dogs.  Emily is over here so much I tell everyone that she is my extra daughter and has played with Snowbell often without even the slightest hint of a problem.  Snowbell treated her just like one of my own kids.

I never saw this coming.  The girls were cooking in the kitchen and I was trying to light the fireplace.  Emily turned toward me and Snowbell just jumped up and lunged at her biting at her face.  Emily didn't do anything to provoke this that I can identify.  She cried out "What just happened?" and was clutching her face.  I saw the blood and a big laceration on her right cheekbone.  I sent Laura to go get her mom and bandaged it up as best I could.

I am absolutely heartbroken that the animal I love so much would turn one of our family like this.  I just can't trust her around kids again, if she would do this to Emily, then she will do it to anyone.  I consider it a miracle that she wasn't hurt worse, but it easily could have been.  

Here is some pictures from happier times






No comments:

Post a Comment