Thursday, July 12, 2018

Headed Home!

Sunday morning, we started packing up to leave Disney and start working our way home.

Our first stop was Devils Den Springs in central Florida. Clint and I dove in the cavern while Laura snorkeled.




The next day, we drove to Pensacola to visit the area.  The kids were all starting to grate on each other's nerves and spent a lot of the drive fighting in the back seats.  After we arrived and set up camp, and the kids all settled down.

The next day we went to the Naval Aviation Museum on the Air Station.  I hadn't been there since I was training at the Navy and Marine schools back in 1998.  The museum was great, but very busy and trying to keep up with the kids was a challenge.  I got to see a new addition to the museum that had a VH-3 like I had worked on at Quantico



That evening, I took the kids to see The Incredibles 2 at the movie theater.

The next morning My parents said good by and began driving home to Kansas, while we drove a short leg to Mobile.  The following day we drove to New Orleans and visited the WW2 museum there (I forgot to take any pictures).

Finally we made it back to Texas and had dinner with Sarah's parents at their home in Conroe.



The last day was a Saturday and very hot.  Of course we had to stop at Buccees for gas to properly end a Texas road trip.



Four weeks and 4200 mile later, we were finally home.


No comments:

Post a Comment