Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Prepping for Summer

Our summer plans are going to keep us busy and on the road for most of June and July.  So, I've spent the past few weeks making plans and getting ready.

I've been making campsite reservations and plans for activities along the way.  This past week has all been about trailer maintenance and modifications.



I built some shelves for the pantry so I will have some more usable storage space.


The trailer was built with an "outdoor kitchen" but I found that in practice the stove top was too small to be useful, and the sink was useless.  I took out the "kitchen" slide out and built a new tray slide to install in it's place.  This will give me a lot more work space and a place to put a larger portable grill.


The final modification I made was a sentimental one.

Back in September, several of my old friends from my time in the Marine Corps bought me a fire ring and glider bench to put on my back porch.  They ordered a plaque for Sarah's memory to add to the bench, but I never installed it.  When I was moving I came across it and decided to add it to the trailer.

This summer is all about making new memories but Sarah will always be with us.



No comments:

Post a Comment